Free SMSF Investment Property Calculator
This basic SMSF Investment Property calculator will show how much you need to invest weekly and annually as well as how much capital gain you might get if you invest in property through a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF).
More and more people invest in property by establishing a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) because owning a residential investment property within your SMSF can be significantly more tax effective than investing in a property in your personal name. This is because when a super account is in accumulation phase, the CGT tax rate is in effect only 10% if the property has been held for more than 12 months by the fund. Moreover, no CGT tax is payable if a super account is in pension phase (i.e. an individual is drawing a pension from the SMSF account).
Here is a screen shot that will give you a better idea that what you need to do and what this free SMSF property calculator can tell you.
View full size image of Free SMSF Investment Property calculator
Please note that this free SMSF property investment calculator DOES NOT automatically populates all the government tax, duties, and the construction cost depreciation.
This calculator is built in Microsoft Excel worksheet. You need to have Microsoft Excel 2007-2013 and Microsoft Windows to use it.
Please note: This free SMSF investment property calculator is built based on the following assumptions.
(1) It is assumed the investor has an interest only (unless otherwise stated) home loan and the interest is deductible for tax purposes.
(2) When calculating the Capital Works Deductions, it assumes that the construction of the property started after 15 September 1987 and therefore the depreciation deduction is claimed for 40 years from the date construction was completed at a rate of 2.5% per year. Please note: You can manually adjust the depreciation deduction values from year to year if this assumption does not suit your situation.
(3) When calculating the tax payables etc, the tax rate of 15% applicable to superannuation contributions is used. The calculator does not incorporate any other factors that might influence the amount of tax payable, such as any rebates and deductions.
(4) If your superannuation account is in accumulation phase and the property has been held for more than 12 months by the fund, the discount method is used to calculate capital gain tax. The discount percentage is 1/3 (one-third) of the 15% tax (in effect, the CGT tax rate is 10%). If your superannuation account is in pension phase, that is, you’re receiving an income stream from your SMSF account, no CGT tax is payable.
(5) All months are assumed to be of equal length. One year is assumed to contain exactly 52 weeks or 26 fortnights. This implicitly assumes that a year has 364 days rather than the actual 365 or 366.
Download Free SMSF Investment Property Calculator Now!
If you consider buying an NRAS investment property, you may want to try the Free NRAS Investment Property Calculator before you buy the paid NRAS Investment Property Calculator.
The free Investment Property Calculator which has been downloaded for more than 34,000 times by property investors suits properties other than NRAS and SMSF investment properties.
Disclaimer: All the Investment Property Calculators are built for residential properties but not commercial properties. Using the Investment Property Calculators for commercial property investment (e.g. retail shop, office etc) is at your own risk.