FREE Investment Property Calculator
This basic Investment Property calculator will show how much you need to invest weekly and annually as well as how much capital gain you might get if you sell your investment property after certain years.
Help me to choose the right Investment Property Calculator
This free investment property calculator is built based on ATO rental property spreadsheet. It automatically calculates the income tax before and after deductions. It in addition shows the gross rental yield of your investment property.
Here is a screen shot that will give you a better idea that what you need to do and what this free property calculator can tell you. To help you understand how to use this property calculator better, please see this example from my personal experience on rental property investment. You should read these useful tips to buy the right investment property.
View full size image of FREE Investment Property calculator
Please note that this free property investment calculator DOES NOT automatically populates all the government tax, duties, and the construction cost depreciation. If you would like to save your time from calculating all the government tax, duties, etc, you can purchase the Standard Investment Property Calculator or the Professional Investment Property Calculator for a value-for-money price for your personal use.
This calculator is built in Microsoft Excel worksheet. You need to have Microsoft Excel 2007-2013 and Microsoft Windows to use it.
You might want to check out the Free Mortgage Home Loan Repayments Calculator and the Free Mortgage Home Loan Amortization Calculator. They should be useful for your property investment.
Please note: All the investment property calculators (Free version, Standard version, Professional version, or Ultimate version) have the same set of following assumptions.
(1) It is assumed the investor has an interest only (unless otherwise stated) home loan and the interest is deductible for tax purposes.
(2) When calculating the Capital Works Deductions, it assumes that the construction of the property started after 15 September 1987 and therefore the depreciation deduction is claimed for 40 years from the date construction was completed at a rate of 2.5% per year. Please note: You can manually adjust the depreciation deduction values from year to year if this assumption does not suit your situation.
(3) When calculating the tax payables, the tax rates applicable to Australian residents are used and the 1.5% Medicare Levy based on the individual Medicare Levy threshold is included where applicable. The calculator does not incorporate any other factors that might influence the amount of tax payable, such as Medicare levy surcharge, HECS contributions, any rebates, and deductions.
(4) The discount method is used to calculate capital gain tax if you hold the property for at least 12 months. The discount percentage is 50%.
(5) All months are assumed to be of equal length. One year is assumed to contain exactly 52 weeks or 26 fortnights. This implicitly assumes that a year has 364 days rather than the actual 365 or 366.
Download FREE Investment Property Calculator Now!
Sole investor or just one investor? You can use this FREE Investment Property Calculator by changing the "Deductions Investor 1 (%)" to 100% and the "Annual Gross Income Investor 2" to $0. Alternatively, you can download the even simpler FREE Investment Property Calculator for One Investor!
If you consider buying an NRAS investment property, you may want to try the Free NRAS Investment Property Calculator before you buy the paid NRAS Investment Property Calculator.
If you consider buying an investment property through self-managed super fund (SMSF), you may want to try the Free SMSF Investment Property Calculator.
Disclaimer: All the Investment Property Calculators are built for residential properties but not commercial properties. Using the Investment Property Calculators for commercial property investment (e.g. retail shop, office etc) is at your own risk.